SENIOR RESTORATION TECHNICIAN
We are a bespoke disaster restoration company, delivering fire, flood and accidental damage services on behalf of the top insurance companies and all major loss adjusters.
We are looking for an experienced, permanent Fire and Flood Technician to join our team. Ideally the successful candidate will be a senior BDMA trained and DEWpoint accredited, have experience and be well regarded in the industry.
The Fire and Flood Technician will be responsible for managing the team to ensure best practice is adhered to at all times, liaising with the administration team and to complete instructions in a timely manner.
- Duties will include:
- - To undertake disaster restoration projects, including cleaning and restoration of domestic and commercial buildings and contents.
- - To undertake drying and restoration of domestic and commercial buildings.
- - Undertake on site procedures such as inspections/ surveying job or monitoring progress.
- - Prepare reports and quotations.
- - To ensure that all work allocated each day is complete.
- - Maintaining a clean and tidy vehicle and equipment at all times.
- - To ensure that you hold a full, clean and valid driver's license.
- - To ensure all equipment is kept clean and tidy and maintained to the correct safety standard.
- - Liaise with customers.
- - Liaise with administration to ensure works undertaken is authorised.
- - To undertake regular training courses, both formal or on the job training. CPD (continuous professional development) to be undertaken which will ensure CPD remains up to date at all times.
- - Employees must be able to attend the appropriate training regardless of distance.
- - To wear the corporately identified clothing provided at all times.
- - To assist in all other areas of operation as and when needed.
- - To do any reasonable task as and when needed.
- - To be placed on call to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- - In the eventuality of the requirement to be on call, the hours required will be as per a rota system.
- - Maintaining safe working conditions outside and in the workshop, and at all times practising Health and Safety procedures making others aware of any potential dangers of their or others actions.
- The successful Fire and Flood Technician will have the following skills and abilities:
- - Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- - Good computer literacy.
- - Driving Licence (compulsory).
- - Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- - Ability to work within a team, and with a variety of customers.
- - Ability to motivate both yourself and others.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 08.00 - 17.00.
Applicants will be incorporated on an on call rota and must be flexible to attend evening & weekend call outs when required.
Job Type: Full-time.
Job Location: South Birmingham.
Required licence or certification: Clean & full driving license essential.
CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
0800 014 6170
How we can help?
Whether you own, manage or insure your property - Hewells RS offers all our clients:
- Flood Restoration
- Flood Clean-up
- Disaster Clean-up
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Clean-up
- Structural Repairs
- Structural Surveys
- Contents Removals
- Contents Storage
- Electrical Checks
- Roof Repair
- Moisture Detection
- Mould Clean-up
- Mould Remediation
- HygroNet Systems
- Interior Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- Carpet Restoration